Steamed egg cakes with pasta and broccoli sauce
Today I prepared a wonderful sauce, which can be used in casseroles, and in tartas, and in pies, with pasta and rice. And the beauty of this sauce is that it is made from broccoli;).
In my performance, 2 dishes – one for lunch-box for the eldest son, the second – with pasta for the younger, for us with my husband – a casserole with broccoli sauce.
The main thing here is to give vent to fantasy.
- 1 big broccoli
- 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g pecorino romano, grated
- 80 g smoked bacon, finely chopped
- a handful of walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
Egg cupcakes (2 pieces):
- 2 tbsp broccoli sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp boiled pasta
- To prepare the sauce, heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan, put the crushed garlic. Cut broccoli into inflorescences. Put into the pan and add the broth. Close the lid and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes (broccoli should still retain color, but be soft). Then add grated cheese and grind with a blender.
- In a separate frying pan fry the bacon until golden brown. Add crushed nuts and broccoli sauce. Stir and remove from heat.
- For steamed egg muffins (2 pieces): beat the egg with a whisk. Boil the pasta and mix it with the broccoli sauce, then put it in the steaming molds (or in the muffin molds for baking in the oven).
- Silicone molds should be placed in a saucepan with boiling water, cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes. For baking – molds, put on a pan with a small amount of water (2 cm). Bake at 200° C for about 20 minutes.